Year 13 Careers
GREAT CAREER ASPIRATIONS THROUGH GREAT CAREERS ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
During Year 13 students will be working with their own tutor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. They key area will be for students to make well informed decisions on a career pathway suitable to them. Students will be supported with UCAS applications for university, applications for apprenticeships including degree apprenticeships, gap year and employment.
Year 13 students will be doing the following:
- Research on a variety of Universities,, apprenticeships and trainee pathways
- Individual target setting and reflection with college mentor.
- 1-2-1 mentoring during application to University ensuring students get into their first choice of university and course
- 1-2-1 mentoring by Toot Hill College team and other members of the school team when required to ensure that all students access the destination of their personal choice.
- Inspirational guest speakers
- Toot Hill Careers and Networking Fair
- Opportunities to mentor younger students
- University Masterclasses
- Fund raising
- CV and personal profile update
- Extended Qualification Project
- Enrichment programme both inside and outside of school
- Musical performance
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Parliament Trip
- 1-1 support with applications for apprenticeships and employer with a Careers Adviser.
- Sign up to Alumni so that they can inspire the next generation and the School and College can continue to celebrate their success
Careers & Networking Fair
Thursday 10 January 2019
The Careers & Networking Fair held in the Suther's Building at Toot Hill School was a great success. We had 85 exhibitors made up of a variety of employers, universities and training providers. Over 180 students from School Years 11, 12 and 13 attended.