||Toot Hill Extra offers a range of activities for all ages both to our students and to the community. We have strong links with our feeder schools and offer Junior workshops to all Year 6 children. We run a large number of enrichment clubs, societies and Careers events during and after school for our own students. We also offer a range of activities to the community by offering one day workshops for Adults and Family Art Days, Primary School Activity Days and Summer School for all the children in the community.
Toot Hill Extra’s aims are to
- extend creative and enterprising learning out of school hours.
- take traditional arts subjects a step further to create excellent practice.
- offer lifelong learning opportunities to the whole community.
- develop exceptional interest and enjoyment, a high degree of motivation, knowledge and skills in the arts.
- discover hidden talents developing self-esteem.
- promote independence, problem solving skills and to allow an opportunity for participants to mature socially and emotionally.
- provide a range of extra-curricular activities to enhance personal development.
- grow our own students socially, emotionally, culturally and promote good health and fitness through our after school clubs.
- develop employability skills by offering Work Experience, Interview Days and Careers events.
- aid the transition to Secondary School by offering activities at Toot Hill led by our own professional teaching staff.
Toot Hill Extra has links with:
- Primary feeder schools by Year 6 attending Junior Workshops.
- Active members of the community by offering Family Art Days, Primary School Activity Days, Summer School and Adult Workshops.
- A range of employers in the Nottingham area who support our Work Experience Programme and Careers Events.
- Toot Hill Extra is a member of the Bingham Business Club and other networking events.