GREAT CAREER ASPIRATIONS THROUGH GREAT CAREERS ADVICE AND GUIDANCE
During Year 7 students will be working with their own tutor group and year group on a range of careers related activities. The key area will be self awareness and to be able to identify strengths, areas of development, transferable skills and capabilities and how these relate to academic subjects and the world of work. Enrichment activities both in school and out of school are highly important to our students.
Year 7 will be doing the following activities throughout the year:-
- Recognition of strengths and areas of development
- Recognition of skills, qualities and capabilities
- Career Aspirations questionnaire.
- Personal development target setting and reflection with tutor.
- Tutor mentoring.
- Researching career websites.
- Activities Week - TFest and Enrichment activities
- Diplomat training.
- Torches of Experience programme to record enrichment activities.
- After school extended study,
- Student Voice.
- Charity Fund Raising.
- School Musical Performances for all year groups.
- Take part in the development of the school.
- Stem activities.
- Extended study.